Re: What should schools teach (e.g. _Pandas_) ?

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Wed, 8 May 1996 10:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Bill Hamilton wrote:

> I see no reason for keeping philosophical arguments out of the science
> curriculum, and many for including them. However, philosophy should be
> clearly labelled as philosophy. I would go so far as to say that I'd favor
> requiring all degree candidates in science fields to take a sequence of
> courses in philosophy of science.

That would be very hard to keep philosophical arguments out of any
classroom, and since that is so at least let's keep it balanced. I just
got a letter form the grade school counselor that planned parenthood was
asked to do a 3 day sex education seminar which included HIV/Aids
education. We have evolution taught as fact in our science classes but
where is the balance. If as some say we need to keep philosophy, religion
etc out of the classroom then let's start teaching instead of
indoctrinating our children. Better yet lets give the parents the choice
of what should be taught instead of the federal government.

**