Re: Can you be objectivea about evolution?

Bill Hamilton (whamilto@mich.com)
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 07:42:21 -0400

At 3:01 PM 4/15/96, James Hopper wrote:

>However, I have
>read a number of people who are biologists who disagree with your
>assessment, (Walter Remine, Michael Denton and Robert Shapiro for example)

Walter ReMine is a biologist? I think not. In his book he does not relate
complete details of his background, but does briefly discuss his work in
pattern recognition. I suspect he's an engineer or a computer scientist
(both honorable professions, mind you). If he were a biologist I would
expect him to advertise that prominently.

That does not mean that Walter has not done a thorough job of laying out
issues I hope the evolution research community will take to heart.

William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
1346 W. Fairview Lane
Rochester, MI 48306
(810) 652 4148