Re: Old Earth

Randy Landrum (randyl@efn.org)
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 18:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Stephen Jones wrote:

> Randy
>
> On Wed, 27 Mar 1996 23:41:36 -0800 (PST) you wrote:
>
> RL>There is some interesting facts about the Mt. St. Helens area and
> >spirit lake that explains many of these layers which were not layed
> >down in millions of years but rather hours. I believe that Steve
> >Austin even has made a vidio about it. I have seen the vidio and it
> >is very informative.
>
> Yes. No one denies there are catastrophic changes over a short
> time-frame in local areas (eg. Surtsey, Scablands, etc).
> Unfortunately, this is neither evidence for a young Earth nor for a
> global Flood.

The hurricane, the flood or tsunami may do more in an hour or a day than
the ordinary processes of nature have achieved in a thousand years.

In other words, the history of any one part of the earth, like the life
of a soldier, consists of long periods of boredom adn short periods of
terror.

Dr. Derek Ager, The Nature of the Stratigraphical Record, 1981,pp.54,106

Randy