Re: Human explosion (fwd)

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 09:24:38 -0600

>Stephen writes:
>
>>>You believe it is "true" that "God...originated life", yet you also
>seem to believe that it is OK "doing science" trying to prove a
>falsehood that 100% materialistic natural causes "originated life"?
>
>By extension, you also seem to believe it is OK that school children
>be taught that life arose 100% naturalistically from chemicals, when
>really it didn't?

What does "100% naturalistically" mean? When a seed is planted and a tree
grows from it, we understand this in naturalistic terms. When someone dies
from a heart attack, we attribute it to natural causes. But these examples
don't diminish our recognition of God as a creator of that tree, or
sustainer of the cosmos. So why in the world is it "wrong" to view the
creation as being understandable, at least in part, in naturalistic terms?

Cheers,

Steve
Steven S. Clark, Ph.D. Phone: (608) 263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: (608) 263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Ctr
University of Wisconsin
Madison, WI 53792

"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings
to search out a matter." Proverbs