Re: Human explosion (fwd)

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Wed, 27 Dec 95 21:55:51 EST

Burgy

On 17 Dec 95 23:15:29 EST you wrote:

SJ>Do you really think an Isaiah or
>a Paul (or indeed Jesus), would think it is OK to ignore the
>possibility that God may have originated life?>>

JB>Of course not! All I will say is that when they propose that
>solution, which you & I know to be true, they are practicing
>philosophy and not "doing science."

This seems to be Bacon's "Two Books" separation with a vengeance!

You believe it is "true" that "God...originated life", yet you also
seem to believe that it is OK "doing science" trying to prove a
falsehood that 100% materialistic natural causes "originated life"?

By extension, you also seem to believe it is OK that school children
be taught that life arose 100% naturalistically from chemicals, when
really it didn't?

[...]

JB>My prayer is not that science becomes "theistic," but that people
>begin to better explain the limitations of science-as-it-is-practiced.
>I think Phil is advancing that cause.

I think Phil Johnson would say that if reality is ultimately
"theistic", why shouldn't science, which is presumably the study of
reality, be theistic too?

If "Jesus Christ...is Lord of all" (Acts 10:36), why should science be
exempt from His Lordship?

Happy New Year!

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |