Re: Human explosion (fwd)

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Sat, 23 Dec 95 13:46:36 EST

Group

On Sat, 16 Dec 1995 21:28:53 -0500 Glenn wrote:

SJ>Don't get me wrong! It is easy for me (a non-scientist) to
>criticise scientists who are Christians for not making a stand for
>God in their science. Indeed they would be "ignored or ridiculed",
>or as Johnson puts it "marginalized". However, if God did in fact
>create the universe, life and life's major groups, then who *is*
>going to bear witness to it, if it is not those self-same scientists
>who are Christians?

GM>Just because a person won't defend the way you think that God
>worked does not mean that they are "not making a stand for God in
>their science."
>I lost a very well paying job for making a stand for what I believed
>God wanted.

I was not referring to those who made a stand for God in their science
different from what I would, but to those Christian scientists who
don't make a stand for God in their science at all!

If a TE makes a stand for God in his/her science, then on the
principle of Philippians 1:18, I would rejoice.

Happy Christmas!

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |