Re: How should Christians handle refutations?

GRMorton@aol.com
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 02:55:34 -0500

Hi Jim,

We are back at it again. :-)
Sorry if I was too sharp in the reply.

You wrote:

>All I was pointing out was that the error cuts both
>ways. I never said a word to justify what certain creationists do. I agree
it
>is wrong. I've said so in the past. Distortion is always wrong in the search

>for truth.

If it is wrong for anyone to distort the evidence then why when I find a case
of Christians maybe doing it, do you immediately point out the fact that
evolutionists do it? The fact that they do wrong is logically irrelevant to
how Christians should behave! Besides, we occasionally claim some moral
superiority over the evolutionist, and yet are not quick at all to condemn
our own errors.

I went back and re-read your post.(reproduced below) No where in that post
do you say anything about Christians being wrong in distorting the evidence.
All you talk about is the bad ole evolutionist. I would respectfully
suggest that we should take the beam out of our own eyes before we try to
remove the speck from the eyes of the evolutionists. We believe we are God's
children and as such we SHOULD be held to a higher standard in scholarship.

glenn

****Original post****
Bill Hamilton writes:

<<I believe I have seen retractions and corrections in Facts and Faith in the
past. They don't seem to have the "we are infallible complex" ICR and
other young-earth creationist organizations are prone to.>>

And when was the last time you saw a "retraction" from the evolutionists?
Every single problem becomes fodder for a new variation on Naturalism. The
famous gaps in the fossil record, for example, become, presto changeo, punk
eek! And if someone has the temerity to point out that this merely draws
attention to the lack, Mr. S. J. Gould or his analog huffs and puffs and
expresses discontent that "his" work should give "aid and comfort" to the
"creationists."

Even the wonderful evolutionist writer G. R. Taylor, when valiantly exposing
the lacunae in Darwinism, trembled at the thought that creationists might
jump
on this.

The fear of refutation, it seems, cuts across all lines.

Jim
***