Re: De Novo Adam

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 19:26:15 -0700 (MST)

Hello Stephen,
Three straight weeks of -25C . . . help!

On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, Stephen Jones wrote:

> IMHO, this leaves open the possibility that God formed man by a series
> of miraculous vertical interventions at strategic points, while
> allowing much horizontal natural processes, as per Ramm's PC model:
>
> "In progressive creationism there may be much horizontal radiation.
> The amount is to be determined by the geological record and biological
> experimentation. But there is no vertical radiation. Vertical
> radiation is only by fiat creation. A root-species may give rise to
> several species by horizontal radiation, through the process of the
> unraveling of gene potentialities or recombination. Horizontal
> radiation could account for much which now passes as evidence for the
> theory of evolution. The gaps in the geological record are gaps
> because vertical progress takes place only by creation." (Ramm B.
> "The Christian View of Science and Scripture", Paternoster: London,
> 1955, p191).

PC Bernard Ramm's classic book was written in 1955. 40 years have since
past, but are there any PCs during this time who have committed
themselves to stating where these "miraculous vertical interventions" are
in historic time, and what biological structures were indeed modified or
added? Better, how many of these "miraculous vertical interventions"
were there between apes and man? Seeing we are 98% genetically identical
with chimps, PCs should have a rather easy task in that they can focus on
that 2% difference zone. But have any PCs really contributed (better really
supported their theory with the actual practice) to the scientific/theological
knowledge base in identifying these "miraculous vertical interventions"?

Comme toujours mon ami,
Denis

Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD (cand)
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."