Re: Limitations of Science and TE's [was Re: Human explosi

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Sat, 16 Dec 95 20:37:10 EST

Burgy

On 11 Dec 95 12:53:22 EST you wrote:

>Bill Hamilton wrote:
>
BH>Men's hearts have to be changed before they can
>perceive God. >>

JB>Let me sharpen this just a little.
>"A person must be willing to have his/her heart
>changed before he/she can perceive God."
>
>The gender change is important in its own right; the
>addition of "willing to" is more important.

As a Calvinist, I believe Bill was right the first time! However, I
note that Stan Zygmunt has correctly pointed out that this is the root
of the Calvinist - Arminian controversy. I don't have the time to
debate this issue in this forum. It is probably just as unwinnable as
Creation vs Evolution! :-)

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |