Re: Human Evolution Part III

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Thu, 07 Dec 95 06:47:07 EST

Rob

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:33:14 -0800 (PST) you wrote:

[...]

RVW>Recall a suggestion I made some time ago that God could have used
hominid
>species as "ecological placeholders" for human beings. Here is a Bible
>verse that confirms that God works in this fashion. If God retained the
>Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites in the land in order to maintain an
>ecological balance favorable to the Hebrews, might He not have created
>neanderthals and cro magnon to maintain an ecological balance favorable
>to the descendants of Adam? In this regard, it is interesting to note
>that the more similar such a "placeholder" species was to human beings
>the more effective it would be in such a role.

This is an interesting idea. There may be a strong element of truth in
this. However, I do not rule out some sort of genetic link between
man and the hominids. Terry Gray's vitamin C pseudogene-caused
deficiency seems strong evidence for man's common ancestry among
the primates.

However, common ancestry is *not* conclusive proof for naturalistic
evolution. A Creator could have formed man from pre-existing genetic
material.

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |