Re: Limitations of Science and TE's [was Re: Human explosion (fwd)

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 15:08:14 -0500

Brian Harper wrote
>Stephen Jones wrote, responding to Burgy:
>

>>JWB>Our witness to the truth involves, as I see it, making sure
>>>that people understand the limitations of science, and are able
>>>to perceive when some of the practioners of the craft overstep the
>>>bounds.
>>
>>I hadn't noticed much of that coming from the TE camp. It seems most
>>(if not all) of the prophetic witness pointing out the limitations of
>>science comes from the YEC and PC side, and especially from the
>>Theistic Science school of Phil Johnson! :-)
>>
>Brian:
>Stephen, I think you should expand your reading a little. Many secular
>scientists and philosophers of science are continuously pointing out
>the limitations of science. Here are a couple of examples:

At various times I've seen each side in the origins debate accuse the other
of not understanding the limitations of science. The creationists rightly
condemn the misuse of science by some atheists to support their atheism,
but seem to miss the point that it is just as inappropriate a tool for
supporting the _existence_ of God. The Bible teaches that men willfully
chose not to honor God. Men's hearts have to be changed before they can
perceive God.

Bill Hamilton | Vehicle Systems Research
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)