Re: Human explosion (fwd)

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Sun, 03 Dec 95 22:48:26 EST

Burgy

On 20 Nov 95 18:40:14 EST you wrote:

>Stephen Jones also writes:

SJ>The point is that for *Christians* we are called upon to bear
>witness to the truth, as we see it. It may be more popular to
>accommodate to our prevailing materialist-naturalist scientific
>culture, by "excluding divine causation" as "a `good' rule to follow
>in science" (even origin science). But it might not be a good witness
>to the truth.

JWB>100% agreement with sentence 1. But in philosophy, not in
>science. In sentence 2, what counts is what works, not "popularity."

I don't think that it even "works" to exclude divine causation.

JWB>Our witness to the truth involves, as I see it, making sure
>that people understand the limitations of science, and are able
>to perceive when some of the practioners of the craft overstep the
>bounds.

I hadn't noticed much of that coming from the TE camp. It seems most
(if not all) of the prophetic witness pointing out the limitations of
science comes from the YEC and PC side, and especially from the
Theistic Science school of Phil Johnson! :-)

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |