Re: A question for TE's

Denis Lamoureux (dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 20:54:24 -0700 (MST)

Greetings Russ,
It pounding snow up here . . . help!!!

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Russ Maatman wrote:

> Russ Maatman wrote:
>
> >> the nonnegotiable position I take re evolution is that
> human beings were created de novo.<<

Russ, I have always been puzzled by your category of "nonnegotiability."
Can you briefly outline what epistemological/hermeneutic justification
you have in making this distinction? For example, why to you consider
the de novo creation of Adam and Eve nonnegotiable (Genesis 2), but
you do not employ this category for the de novo creation as
described in Gen 1? (I am assuming that you still maintain either an
overlapping day-age or framework exegesis of the first chapter of God's
Word. The Impact of Evolutionary Theory, p. 185)

Many thanx.

Blessings,
Denis
Denis O. Lamoureux DDS PhD PhD (cand)
Department of Oral Biology Residence:
Faculty of Dentistry # 1908
University of Alberta 8515-112 Street
Edmonton, Alberta Edmonton, Alberta
T6G 2N8 T6G 1K7
CANADA CANADA

Lab: (403) 492-1354
Residence: (403) 439-2648
Dental Office: (403) 425-4000

E-mail: dlamoure@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca

"In all debates, let truth be thy aim, and endeavor to gain
rather than expose thy opponent."