Re: The "game" of science

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Thu, 23 Nov 95 22:01:00 EST

Loren

On Wed, 08 Nov 1995 20:45:30 -0500 (EST) you wrote:

[...]

LH>Personally, I expect that MN will eventually be successful in
>"explaining" abiogenesis. But maybe it will fail. In that case,
>most of the scientific community would restrict MN more narrowly (to
>sub-processes of abiogenesis) and include a (mechanistically
>unexplained) infusion of complex/organized chemicals at critical
>point(s). It would still be science.

And what if after years of unsuccessfuly trying to explain
abiogenesis, by MN, the evidence mounts up that life did not have a
natural origin? Would it not be "science" to believe that life began
by Intelligent Design?

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |