Re: Human explosion (fwd)

BHendrsn@kirk.microsys.net ("BHendrsn@kirk.microsys.net")
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 15:38:45 +0000

> Burgy
>
> On 07 Nov 95 19:31:28 EST you wrote:
>
> JWB>2. I have a gut fear that should Phil, and Norm, and others ever
> >be successful, it will open up science to all sorts of nonsense. For
> >the Christian views are only a few among many. And without ANY means
> >of testing -- well, the National Inquirer, with its "2,000,000 blunt
> >edge readers" will most certainly thrive!
>
> This seems to be saying, "Even if God did create the universe, life
> and life's major groups, it is better for science to ignore that
> possibility"? :-)

No, it is saying that there is no reason for us to believe that God
did anything of the sort and therefore, it is rejected as a
possibility. If creationists want to propose evidence which suggests
that God, did indeed, do anything, we will reconsider the position.
However, creationists have still not been able to produce a
scientific formulation for their hypothesis, so I doubt that said
evidence is likely coming.

-Brian