Re: Woolley's data

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.com.au)
Sun, 15 Oct 95 22:50:08 EDT

Group

On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 22:55:47 -0400 Glenn wrote:

>John Turnbull wrote:
JT>Someone on the reflector recently mentioned Woolley's data. (I
didn't save
>the post by I think it was Glenn?) I have a question about Woolley's data:<<

GM>I believe it was Stephen Jones who first mentioned it and I said I
didn't
>think it worked for a local flood. Stephen can correct me if I am wrong.

I confess - it was I! :-) But I only mentioned it as the only
Mesopotamian
flood sediments I knew of. I did not claim it was from the Biblical
Flood.

>John wrote:
JT>How could a local flood create the deposit at Ur [West bank
>of the Euphrates], which in places measured up to 3.7 meters and leave no
>evidence of flooding at any of the sites on the east bank of Euphrates?<<

This is interesting. I have read somewhere that it may have been an
accumulation from the river Euphrates changing course.

GM>I am still waiting for an answer from an even more fundamental
question >from the riverine flood advocates. How can the ark float on
a river for a year,
>which should deposit it in the ocean, and then land on a mountain in Turkey?

I make no claim that the Ark floated on a river, nor that it landed on
"on a mountain in Turkey". The Bible doesn't say either of those
things.

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |