Re: Glenn's Flood

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.com.au)
Sat, 30 Sep 95 08:59:12 EDT

Jim

On Thu, 28 Sep 95 17:08:41 MDT you wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Sep 95 21:46:30 EDT, sjones@iinet.com.au (Stephen Jones) said:
>
>GM>We see some similarities in the way bear carcasses are treated in
>Neanderthal settings with the way the Chippewa and Ainu treat them.
>How long has this tradition been passed down?

SJ>It can't be any longer than 125,000 years because according
>to the Hominid FAQ, "Neandertal man existed between 125,000
>and 35,000 years ago".

JF>[FAQ author speaking here]
>Don't take that as gospel, it's a minimum date only. I've already
>increased it to 135,000 years in the next version, and I've heard of
>possible dates for Neandertals that are quite a bit older, maybe past
>200,000 yrs. The older dates may be from scrappier fossils that are
>difficult to conclusively identify. Some of the archaic H.sapiens
>fossils, for example, have some Neandertal traits.

OK, but "135,000" or "200,000" hardly makes any material diference.
Glenn is claiming that Noah lived *5,500,000* years ago, ie. 25 times
200,000!

Also, I read somewhere recently that Neanderthal Man and Cro-Magnon
man (H. sapiens) overlapped? The Neandertal traits in archaic
H.sapiens would perhaps be evidence of that, ie. interbreeding?

Regards.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |