Re: Panderichthyids and trans...

Kevin Wirth (kevin.wirth@accessone.com)
Sun, 25 Jun 95 21:22:42 PDT

>Kevin Wirth writes:
>
>"Making up evidence where none exists is THE hallmark of evolutionary
>paleontology. Period. Let's not ever forget this. We see it every-
>where we look, from tabloids to the most esteemed journals. It is
>THE defining constant of evolutionary explanation. Without imagination,
>evolution would fall in a moment. Evolution is not largely supported by
>evidence folks, but by the pronouncement and perpetuation of endless
>stories which fill the gaps where evidence is lacking."
>
>This seems harsh. And I don't believe it is completely fair:

Harsh? Not completely fair? Well, believe me, if you had read as many
thousands of articles and books as I have, then you would see that this is a
consistent and constant pattern. It isn't harsh at all: I can easily
substantiate this claim literally hundreds of times over.

Let me say again: The vast majority of evidence used to substantiate
evolution is linked by conditional statements which rely upon imagination to
bring the idea together. I have offered numerous instances and comments in
the past in this forum to substantiate this claim. Of course my position
will seem "harsh" to those who have not seen how widely reliant evolutionary
theory is on imagination.

You talk about gathering fossil data, and what hard work it is. I'm sure it
is hard work. My objection isn't with the data: my claws are aimed at the
abuse of imagination which is used to LINK THIS DATA into a theory which is
fraught with problems, yet is held to so dearly in spite of that. I don't
make up the evolutionary stories -- so if my position seems *harsh*, it is
because I have a perspective which is tempered by years of reading *stories*
with the expectation of finding something compelling -- but not finding it.

I join with you in wishing your friends success in their fossil hunting.

But let's be clear about one thing: they are not finding evidence for
evolution. They are finding evidence, period.

God Bless.

Kevin Wirth, President
Wirth & Associates
1420 NW Gilman Blvd. #2563