Re: One last chance

Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 10:13:03 -0500

>To: rta@tigger.stcloud.msus.edu (Russell T. Arndts)
>From: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu (Steve Clark)
>Subject: Re: One last chance
>Bcc:
>>I am again meeting with my home school parents this evening. It seems to
>>me that someone should write a book with a Theistic evolutionary base.
>>
>>I told my home school parents that the theistic evolutionists have the same
>>assumptions as the atheists do so their beliefs about the **events** of
>>history are the same as the atheists (Perhaps, they sprinkle God in the
>>story in some why that offends no one.).
>>
>>Your comments please.
>

>I think it is important to note that theistic evolutionists and atheistic
evolutionists agree only on the science and not the world-view conclusions
taken from the science. This admits a distinction between methodological
naturalism (the tools of science) and philosophical naturalism (that the
whole universe can be understood through naturalistic glasses). The latter
denies supernatural things, the former doesn't really address supernatural
things by definition.

>Steve

Steven S. Clark, Ph.D. Phone: (608) 263-9137
Associate Professor FAX: (608) 263-4226
Dept. of Human Oncology and email: ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW Comprehensive Cancer Ctr
University of Wisconsin "It is the glory of God to conceal a
Madison, WI 53792 matter, but the glory of kings to
search out a matter."