Re: More whimsy

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.com.au)
Sun, 11 Jun 95 21:00:57 EDT

Jim

On 08 Jun 95 13:46:31 EDT you wrote:

>Lest we lapse into terminal seriousness, here are some philosophical >answers to one of history's most profound questions (courtesy of Marshall J. Cook).
>
>>WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

[...]

>Darwin:
> It was the logical next step after coming down from the trees.

[...]

Thanks for the laugh. We need it!

Because Robert is no longer with us, we all
have to fill in for him. Here's my three:

Gould
"I'm not telling you. That's the trade secret of poultryology!"

Dawkins
"Because it cumulatively randomly mutated across its own phase space
in ever decreasing circles until it disappeared up its own biomorph"!

Johnson
"I'm happy to concede that naturalist fine point for now, but without
evidence of the chicken's soft anatomy, we have no real proof that
there
even was a road-chicken transition"

God bless.

Stephen

| Perth | / Oz \ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Australia | -> *_,--\_/ | phone +61 9 448 7439 |