Re: The Deistic Robot

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.com.au)
Thu, 01 Jun 95 06:37:21 EDT

Jim

On 29 May 95 12:05:19 EDT you wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>Glenn, there is a spiritual war going on. On one side is "the
>dragon...the beast and..the false prophet" (Rev 16:13). On the other
>are the saints - which include YECs! (Rev 13:7). Perhaps we need to
>ponder again these things?
>
>During a recent radio interview I was asked why evolutionism has such a
>stranglehold on the culture. I could only iterate that, indeed, it is a
>religious issue, and those who cling to religions tend to do so zealously.

Yes. Evolution (whatever else it is) is a creation myth of our Western
culture.

>The only difference between, say, Christian fundamentalists and Darwinian
>fundamentalists (a la Dawkins) is that the latter do not "see" as fully what
>is really going on. And that blindness includes a servitude to the general of
>the opposing force.

Yes. I am struck by the fact that the EC/TC Christians do not seem to
make any allowance for the effect of Satan on materialist-naturalists'
thinking.

If 2Th 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion,
that
they should believe a lie", does not apply also to Darwinism, then I
wonder
what it does apply to.

>"You're gonna have to serve somebody. It may be the devil or it may be the
>Lord, but you're gonna have to serve somebody." -- Bob Dylan

Agreed.

Stephen
| Perth | / Oz \ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Australia | -> *_,--\_/ | phone +61 9 448 7439 |