Re: Antony Flew shifts his position due to scientific evidence

From: Phillip Jones <pcjones5@comcast.net>
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 01:39:01 EST

When I submitted this post, it was intended to bring attention to how famed
atheistic proponent Antony Flew had interpreted scientific research in such
a way that it led him down a path of reason in the direction of a Creator.
Next time I wish to post such an article, I'll refrain from incluidng the
link, and instead will post only content from the article that meets the
on-topic criteria. A bit laborious, but given the fact that some on this
list cannot resist the temptation to extract off-topic inclusionary material
and/or engage in questionable behavior, I will do so with any future
journalistic material.

When I joined this mailing list, I thought this would bring me into an
academic realm where scholarly dialogue occurred in a professional manner
and covered content that is intriguing, thought-provoking, and above the
pop-culture level. In part, this list has done exactly what I expected. But
it comes at a price: we must suffer through belittling, condescending, and
emotional responses that tend to take personal attacks to a new low. There
is nothing wrong with feeling passionate about a viewpoint, but we must
separate our emotions from our intellect when discussing academic level
topics. We must evaluate our submissions to this list to ensure that we are
on-topic.

If it is beyond your ability to control your hostilities and to behave in a
mature fashion that distinguishes you as a thinker, then maybe you should
reconsider your value on this list and do the best thing for this community:
leave.

I support Terry's suggestion of creating a sub-list for off-topic
discussions. The use of a Yahoo! Group is preferrable due primarily to ease
of use and personal preference settings.

-Phil