Fw: How Did Gentry Get Published in PSCF?

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 13:18:17 EST

> Here's the final paragraph on page 275 of Gentry's December 2004 PSCF
> article:
>
> "This model may also be of interest to the Christian scientific community,
> for I have already suggested this nearby Center may be none other than the
> throne of God described in Hebrews 8-10 and Revelation 4 and 20. Hebrews
> 10 in particular describes the ministry of Christ as our great high Priest
> officiating his blood in behalf of sinners on the throne of the universe
> in the heavenly Sanctuary. It is on this basis that I suggest the
> spherical symmetry of the universe as sen from our point of observation is
> not a cosmic accident, but instead a direct result of God not only
> creating the visible universe on the literal Day 4 of creation week**, but
> of doing it so as to provide unambiguous astronomical proof that a nearby
> universal Center does exist, with the logical deduction that he intends
> for Earth's inhabitants to reflect strongly on this fact as evidence that
> he is both Creator and Ruler of the Universe and Author of the Ten
> Commandments (Exod. 20:1-7)."

 This must be some of the worst biblical interpretation I have seen for a
long time. What beats me is that the editors of PSCF actually passed it for
publication. They should be ashamed of themselves. What fun Scientific
American would have with it and other "secular spies" who oppose YEC root
and branch. It makes the ASA and all evangelical scientists a laughing
stock.

I would suggest that Gentry has grossly misused scripture and brought God's
Word into disrepute. I cannot really express my disgust and concern

Regards

Michael

P.S. I think there is a place for weakish articles in PSCF and SCB for young
writers to encourage them for the future.