Re: What if?

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 13:03:26 EST

Moorad wrote:

"Evolution is not an experimental science. Is it? ...."

It is. It allows many predictions. One of the most powerful: Fossils in a bed of a given geologic age will be the same many miles away in a bed of the same age, provided the depositional environment was similar. This prediction has been substantiated innumerable times, and its validity has been widely used for dating sedimentary layers. Also, the kind of prediction Charles Carrigan suggests below has been substantiated many times, usually in somewhat more complicated situations.

Don