Re: Scientific theory

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 23:21:41 EST

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 22:42:02 -0500 "Alexanian, Moorad"
<alexanian@uncw.edu> writes:
> Dog breeding goes back thousands of years. Evolution deals with
> millions or billions of years. Can we do better than dogs!
>
> Moorad

Raphanobrassica was a new genus produced some time back. Also, there are
many tetraploids which cannot be fertilized by their parents or vice
versa. So they qualify as new species under strict standards. While the
molecular clock does not keep exact time, now that we have information on
numerous genomes or parts of genomes, we have clear indications that what
was predicted from structure matches what is found in inheritance.
Evidence mounts.
Dave