RE: The puzzle of Adam

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 04:20:16 EST

George wrote:

On the general issue: Certainly the Urzeit-Endzeit theme is used in some
places but never just in its simplistic form. E.g., in Revelation there is
the tree of life but it's in the middle of a _city_, not the garden of the
Urzeit. NT eschatology in general is forward looking - "Behold I make all
things new." Creation is not only by Christ but _for_Christ (Col.1:15-20).
He is the purpose of creation (Eph.1:10), not "Adam."

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/

Don P:
Good points. While I agree with your citations and view on this, but is it
not safe to say that pychologically, and spiritually, the end result would
still be one in which we have access to the "tree of life", live in harmony
with God's creation, live in and for his grace, and do according to his will
as we were to have done prior to the fall? And if so, then we are going
back in a sense, not by going backwards in direction, but rather by going
forward and completing the circle (cycle) that was pre-designed by God. As
we know, He knows all and I'm sure that he knew/knows we would fall and that
we would need his salvation.

Don P