Re: The puzzle of Adam

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 20:08:45 EST

In a message dated 12/2/2004 7:58:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gmurphy@raex.com writes:
In particular,
the type of denigration of women shown in the logion you cite is completely
different from the attitude that Jesus shows in the canonical gospels.
George,
I am not arguing the liberal/conservative divide.
It was Peter who said Mary should leave. Jesus said you have to be male AND
female to enter the kingdom so tells Mary he will make her male (her missing
half) not that he will make her superior but that he will make her whole, male
and female. Had I given you more context perhaps there would not be your
misinterpretation. I am sorry for not providing enough material for your careful
review. I don't see any denigration of women in the cite and so don't contrast
the canonical /nag hammadi texts on that basis.

rich