RE: The puzzle of Adam

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 23:43:36 EST

Rich wrote:

But not pre-Eve. The comparison is made between Jesus and the pre-Eve pre
fall Adam. According to the kabbalists before Eve was created from Adam,
there was no DESIRE. Once male and female were separated, they desired that
which they lacked and sought from the other.

rich

Desiring that which one does not have is exactly the point. This, in my
view, is original sin. God gave us everything save the "Tree" but we just
had to have that too. As with all things material, we crave the forbidden,
and out-of-reach more than the things given to us. It was commented early
that without such curiosity we would not have achieved our level of industry
and technology. Personally, I see industrial progress, without religious
and social advancement, as leading to our own destruction. Violation of
natural laws WILL have it's consequences.

Don P