If you could have been a witness to Jesus' ministry... If we all could have

From: ed babinski <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 23:22:07 EDT

ALEXANIAN:
>I wonder what your requirements would have been had you been a witness
>>to Jesus' ministry.

GLEN:
>Being a witness, sure that would ground me. If you think it wouldn't,
>then
>you haven't understood a thing I have written.

ED: Then why doesn't God use his infinite power to enable everyone on
earth to see and experience Jesus and his Jesus' ministry in their
lifetimes, miraculously? Instead we have merely a book that wasn't even
written by eye witnesses. And the book includes a story about how
"blessed" you are if you believe without evidence. Sounds suspicious to
me. And the book says nobody saw the resurrected Jesus leave Jerusalem
and rise up into the sky, instead, Jesus slinks out of town according to
Luke, after showing the apostles that he is "flesh" and not "a spirit,"
and eats with them, he "led" them out as far as "Bethany" then rose up
into heaven. Sounds like the resurrected Jesus walked out of Jerusalem
and nobody noticed! But then, nobody apparently noticed the "raising of
the many" mentioned only in Matthew that left behind lots of opened
graves. Again, it all sounds suspicious. Even Matthew ends his Gospel
with, "yet some did not believe." Sounds like a lot of that was going
around.