Please share Turkish translator story, a few thoughts

From: ed babinski <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 23:58:08 EDT

Glenn,

Please share the Turkish translator story!

I may be jumping the gun not having heard your story yet, but it seems to
me that any story about prayer followed by a quick reply might mean:

1) That someone or something overheard your plea for a Turkish translator,
and that would be COMPATIBLE with everything you presently believe about
the Bible and Christianity but it would not PROVE that the entire Bible
and all of your beliefs about it are all true. I also bet that most
devout people of many different religions have at least ONE similar story
of a miraculous coincidence from their own lives to share. In fact, I bet
even atheists have stories of at least one miraculous coincidence in their
lives.

2) If you and your friends prayed a second time for a particular person to
show up (i.e., if the experiment could be repeated) it might prove it was
not merely a coincidence. (Some of the coincidences I recall from my own
life are ones in which I've bumped into people in New York City by
accident that I knew personally. I once found a twenty dollar bill just
lying on the ground. And I once guessed out of thin air, the exact suit
and number of the playing card someone had picked from a full deck. I
also once read about an old book I'd like to read and then went into a
bookstore and just happened to see it for sale on a discount table. I
have also since then run into articles on subjects or heard from others
about subjects that I just happened to be curious about at that same
moment. And of course, we've all probably picked up the phone and heard
nothing on the other end of the line, until someone breaks the silence
with, "Hey, I just phoned you, and didn't even hear it ring!" "Yeah, I was
just phoning you too!" )

3) Suppose you and your group sent out psychic vibrations and a Turkish
translator just happened to be in the neighborhood and picked it up and
started heading your way? That would be a combination of coincidence (he
was in the neighborhood), and the power of your joined minds.

Thanks,
Ed