RE: Glenn's dilemma

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 15:31:20 EDT

Alexanian wrote:

>I wonder if Glenn considers the following verse “some grounding in fact”. ”
And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you,
>Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My
Father who is in heaven.” Matt. 16:17.

How can I see that as a grounding in fact. What is objectively verifiable in
that statement? What test can I run or observe to see that it is true that
the father revealed something to Simon.

What I do find grounding, at least personally is the event years ago when
God provided a Turkish translater in a 10 sq foot area at exactly 10 minutes
after we had prayed at 1 A. M. for one to come to that spot in Dallas,
Texas. I experienced that fact. It has grounded me, but Simons thing can't
ground me.