Re: A Second J. I. Packer Quotation, this time he's sure.

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 12:59:36 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
To: "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com>; <asa@calvin.edu>; "Terry M. Gray "
<grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: A Second J. I. Packer Quotation, this time he's sure.

> Your comparison of the concept of a flat earth, to the concept of
> evolution is not valid.
>
> Anyone can understand what a globe vs. a flat surface is. But the idea of
> variation and natural selection is far from intuitive. If he has no
> knowledge of the area, I think it is fair to cut him some slack, even if
> his ignorance on the issue is profound.
>
> Not everyone has knowledge of just about everything that you do George. ;)

I didn't say that evolution was intuitive, I said that knowing the basic
information about it is a matter of scientific literacy. Same thing with
relativity. It's less intuitive than evolution but educated people should
know a few basic things about it & know that it's a theory that's well
supported by observation.

There are more things I don't know than you may suspect!

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/