Re: Packer quote

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 23:49:53 EDT

Preston,

In *I Want to Be a Christian* in Packer's discussion of "Maker of
Heaven and Earth" he writes:

"It is arguable how much (or how little) Genesis 1 and 2 tell us
about the *method* of creation--whether, for instance, they do or do
not rule out the idea of physical organisms evolving through epochs
of thousands of years. What is clear, however, is that their main aim
is to tell us not how the world was made, but who made it."

Don't know if this is what you're thinking of, but it's something
along those lines.

TG

--
Fort Collins, Colorado  80523