Connecting the Dots on Oil

From: Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 21:19:47 EDT

Glen Morton and others,

One of the factors in the estimation of the future of oil is power politics and specifically, covert operations. As has been mentioned before, if major geopolitical events impact the global economy, then the purely fluid-mechanical calculations will not of themselves give an accurate oil picture. In investgating this angle a little, I came upon a recent interview between investigative reporters (a rare breed anymore) Alex Jones of Austin, TX (www.infowars.com) and his British counterpart, a BBC reporter, Greg Palast (www.gregpalast.com). Part of the interview on the Alex Jones show, which impacts upon several aspects of the list oil discussion of the past, is excerpted below.

AJ: You’ve got some new bombshells today.

GP: Yeah, well there’s a few. One of the stories that I broke on BBC television was that before September 11th, FBI agents and CIA agents told BBC television that they were blocked from investigating certain members of the bin Laden family in America who were tied to suspect terrorist organizations. And that they could not investigate Saudi Arabian funding of al Qaeda and other terrorist groups. And they were very frustrated that they could not do this investigation before September11th. The other documents showing the investigations were, some of them were permitted to go forward beginning September 13th, 2001. And I have to say, I don’t know whether George Bush had any knowledge or pre-knowledge of September 11th or any of that, but what I was investigating though was why were the intelligence agencies told to stay away. And I want to give you a piece of information, Alex, which some is in the new book [of Palast's] and some will be on your show for the first time today.

One of the things I am very concerned about, BBC learned about from two completely separate sources – is about a meeting in June of 1996 in Paris between Saudi Arabian billionaires, international arms dealers and the finance arm of al Qaeda. And there was a discussion about how much the Saudis would pay to al Qaeda and these other so-called charities that were really fronts for terrorist organizations. My view is that the Saudis were going to pay off these guys to get out of Saudi Arabia. That was the month that nineteen American servicemen were killed in Saudi Arabia when al Qaeda blew up the Khobar Towers. The nineteen American servicemen were dead and so the Saudis, rather than to go after these guys, said we’ll write them a big check and tell them to go play in Afghanistan. And I was wondering why the intelligence agents were not free, were not free by the Bush Administration, to really to go after that source of funding. You know the old rule of investigation is follow the money. If you can’t look at Osama bin Laden’s piggy bank and you can’t check out his checking account, you are not going to know what he’s up to. So I found out who was at the meeting. And one guy at the meeting, according to two separate sources is a rich Saudi named Sheikh Abdullah Bakhsh, at least is how it is spelled in English.

AJ: And was involved in Harken [Energy, a Bush-Cheney company connection] back in the 70s.

GP: Boy are you – you’ve got a good memory. You know exactly what it comes from. This guy was supposedly in this meeting about funding al Qaeda. What we also know is that when George W. Bush was in the oil business, he made millions in the oil business but he never struck oil. But he seemed to strike the pockets of several Saudi Sheikhs. Every time he had an oil venture going south, he had one called Arbusto and another called Spectrum – finally those were bought up by Harken Oil. A Gulf Sheikh would come in and put up the money to pull George W. out of the financial fire. And it was Sheikh Abdullah Bakhsh who was the big money helping to refinance Harken Oil and save George W. from, basically from bankruptcy in the oil business. So this is the guy - you know when our president says there are thousands of people out there trying to kill us and people supporting terror, he might want to look at some of his own business partners.

(End of excerpt.)

First a comment, then a few questions. Perhaps Saudi Arabia is free for the time being of any major disruption in oil supply if al-CIAda has been bought off for now.

Questions:

What is known, if anything, within the oil industry about the oil ventures of Dubyah? Was any oil ever found?

If these oil companies were making millions, did anyone in the oil business find this odd if they weren't finding oil?

And how about poppy's Zapata Oil Co.? (Naming his American company after Emilio Zapata is bizarre considering how much George Sr. pretended to be patriotically wrapped up with the U.S. flag!)

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this.

"Like I say it’s mainstream stuff in the rest of the world but I’m kind of put out as a pariah on U.S. television...." Greg Palast, BBC investigative reporter

Dennis Feucht