Fw: Fw: David Limbaugh at UNCW

From: Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 00:31:45 EDT

From: "bivalve" <bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com>

David, pardon my oversight of your email the first time I responded to
others about this - didn't mean to.

> > Well, not really. I'm not of the opinion that God can make a rock too
heavy
> > for him to lift. The scriptures say that it is impossible for God to
lie,
> > etc. In terms of the nature of the Anglo-American power structure, it
is
> > simply not possible in practice - too many compromises with the devil.
>
> You might want to clarify further. Are you asserting that the things one
must do to become president are incompatible with Christianity or that a
Christian could not get there? As an example of what I mean, robbing a bank
is incompatible with Christianity, but a Christian might rob a bank despite
knowing better.

Good insightful question. In practice, both. The people who make it to
President are certainly not complete idiots, and must have some level of
awareness of the motives of their handlers. In recent history, an example of
a president (not necessarily a Christian) who did not really understand the
forces acting around him was Ronnie. The Bush people talked to him early in
the Republican campaign and he said something like "I thought I was with you
guys," meaning pro-business, etc. So Bush got effectively 12 years of
presidency by running the show in the VP position, running CIA black ops in
Nicaragua and elsewhere, and being part of the power structure that was
reflected in the Cabinet, picked by Bush people. Reagan went along with what
he thought were the good guys. (So do most Americans.)

As for the first part of your question, as I have studied the Establishment,
it is incredible that an actual Christian could, any more at least (and I
would include during the 20th century) get to a position that high anymore.
The compromises that ordinary Americans with no geopolitical power make with
the worldly institutions run by the Establishment is enough to overwhelm my
sensibilities, no less those who might have ambitions for political office.
I have a "laundry list" of familiar entanglements by most American
Christians with the System that few think twice about. For public (govt)
office, the list has got to be longer and worse, for it involves not only
participation but active promotion of evil social institutions (where
"institution" is defined as "a way of relating").

Dennis Feucht