Re: God is not a cat in Schroedinger's box!

From: Howard J. Van Till <hvantill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 15:35:15 EDT

On 10/8/04 10:03 AM, "Glenn Morton" <glennmorton@entouch.net> wrote:

> Yes, but theological truths are not pianos, nor should they be human
> products.

Show me one theology that is not a human product.

> Theology, if it is a human product is no better nor no worse
> than a philosophical system. .... Theologies, made by humans are no
> better than philosophies made by humans.
>
> Am I communicating now?

Yes, but not in a convincing manner. It looks to me like you are falling
back into the same style of reasoning I was criticizing in the first place.
Beneath these statements is the tacit assumption that if both A and B are
human products, they must be of equal quality. I don't think you really
believe that.

I had asked:

>> Are you claiming that your portrait of God is not a humanly
>> crafted product?

You replied:

> If all I have is a Portraits-by-Glenn(TM) image of God, then I have little
> more than a self delusion.
> Aren't you aware that there are people who believe they have spoken with
> aliens from space? Is their portrait of the aliens really so much different
> than what you are advocating for a portrait of God?

Sorry, but I do not see an answer to my question.

Howard