The first seven words in Genesis don't prove a worldwide flood took place

From: ed babinski <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 10:48:25 EDT

There are many arguments against Noah's ark, not just the "eretz"
argument. For instance Flood geology doesn't explain the geological
evidence, as Christian men of science demonstrated in the 1800s. Neither
is there evidence of a worldwide Flood in the topmost layers of the
geological record.

Have you read the online booklet, "The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark" by
the former fundamentalist Robert Moore?

http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articles/8619_issue_11_volume_4_number_1__3_12_2003.asp

Woodmorappe wrote a whole book trying to refute Moore's little booklet.

And Glenn Morton critiqued Woody's critique:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/woodmorappe-review.html