Re: Natural Evil

From: Bill Yates <billyates@billyates.com>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 23:34:55 EDT

I think the term "natural evil" is too judgmental a term. Its use says
that we have made a value judgment on some natural occurrence in God's
creation. Our vision and judgment capabilities are too limited (by our
natural limitations as human beings and by sin) to justify the "evil"
label. "Evil" is a moral classification. These things may be disastrous,
calamitous, sorrowing, and terrible, but not "evil."

I prefer Keith's "natural hazards."

--Bill Yates

--
--Bill Yates