Re: Schaefer's Book

From: Jan de Koning <jan@dekoning.ca>
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 14:56:53 EDT

At 09:14 PM 17/08/2004 -0400, Dawsonzhu@aol.com and others wrote about the
subject, which is an important one. We should not accuse each other of not
reading the Bible faithfully. The difference is that we all believe, I
think, that our God, the Father of Jesus Christ created everything and
inspired the Bible. But, on the basis of an often unknown philosophy,
everyone sees the Bible and Science (both created and written by God)
differently. I am glad that when I went to university at the Free
University in Amsterdam, first year's students were required to take a
course in Christian Philosphy, which took the Bible as the absolute Word of
God, and Creation as the absolute Creation as God. To fit that together
takes a lot of study, but not accepting both as God's work creates
difficulties. To come to an unified few we do need to study the Bible, and
it's philosophy, and read Creation with the glasses God provides in
creation. To fit them together cannot be done in a discussion like we have
here. Studying is needed and listening to each other.

Jan de Koning