RE: Genesis 1:1 - a standing miracle -- I wonder as you wander

From: Roberts, Joe <Joe.Roberts@thecb.state.tx.us>
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 17:20:10 EDT

                  FLAGSHIP SIGNALS

What to do with the "leftovers" from Mark 37 list?

I. Raising Mark's gospel is emergency alert.

   Assessing a crisis is paramount for INSTINCTS.

Mark 4:37 (and following)

A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so

that it was nearly swamped.

IOU -- Bible study

II. Streaming Luke is about hospitality and good tidings.

    Cast your bread upon the waters ( Ecclesiastes ).

Mark 6:37

But he answered, "You give them something to eat." They said to

him, "That would take eight months of a man's wages[ 6:37 Greek

take two hundred denarii] ! Are we to go and spend that much on

bread and give it to them to eat?"

SUPPER'S READY -- Lord's supper

III. Jumping aboard John's big bang story is high road to glory.

     Of utmost concern is everyone's aboard, not who is first/last.

Mark 10:37

They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at

your left in your glory."

YELLING ALLOWED -- spiritual marriage ( a la church or mystics )

IV. Deciphering Matthew is detailed out-the-wazoo crib notes

for demystification. Sometimes you just have to bob and weave,

until some foremost authority gives you the willpower via a scoop.

MARK 16:8

Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from

the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were

afraid.

BRIDGING THE GAP -- baptism pulls down the walls of prejudice.

V. The combination effect is overwhelming, but not tormenting.

   You become what you pay attention to, or just the opposite.

   Brainstorm the possibilities and think on Hebrews 11:6 .

Mark 7:37

People were overwhelmed with amazement. "He has done everything

well," they said. "He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak."

YOU ARE IT NOW -- be a certifiable loveable fool, or worthy

   of faint praise, in trying to develop spiritual gifts.

VI. Avoid vain hypothetical speculation which is just arguing

   for argument's sake. Mutual benefit and all that stuff. Goal

   is no regrets of past and no dread of the future.

ABCs means Dot I's, Cross T's, Mind Ps and Qs.