Re: Genesis 1:1 - a standing miracle

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 14:48:10 EDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Roberts
  Cc: asa@calvin.edu
  Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:49 PM
  Subject: Re: Genesis 1:1 - a standing miracle

  My purpose as a Christian minister is to teach the Gospel and to teach the truth of the Bible which was written to enable all including those of no mathematical ability to understand the ways of God. My calling is not to obfuscate God's word with convoluted sums which actually make the bible as ridiculous as Drosnin's bible code.

  Michael, I have never suggested that these numerical indicators of miracle be preached from the pulpit. But you, the preacher - gifted with intellect over and above that of your flock - are surely well able to understand the points I am making. Rather than obfuscate God's word, as you suggest, the phenomena revealed in the Bible's first verse - and closely integrated with it - enhance our view of it, the whole of the text which follows, and of our Creator. It would be nice to suppose you had properly investigated all this before embarking on our present discussion. However, I have the strong impression that that is not the case. Michael, you come across strongly as an _obscurant_ i.e. someone who tries hard to prevent enlightenment or reform.

  Over the years you have dismissed historical science as false and based on a sinful approach. I wish you would give substance to your accusations.

  My findings suggest that your absolute faith in this matter is misplaced.

  Shalom,

  Vernon
  www.otherbiblecode.com