RE: Shapes of a Wedge

From: Don Perrett <donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 06:45:36 EDT

Hi Burgy,

To interject, the Bible does speak to it, in a manner of speaking. First it
says "go forth and multiply". Now assuming one does this, it does not mean
that one must be married nor heterosexual. It does mean that one must have
sex with a partner of the opposite sex in order to fulfill this command.
Which only leaves the option of bisexuality for those leaning towards same
sex. This however would then mean that one cannot be in a monogamous
relationship, of the type that you state is intimate and acceptable. Which
leaves you only the option of having a relationship with someone of the
opposite sex, for the purpose of having a child, then become gay and enter
into a second relationship. Or vice versa. In either case it would then be a
predetermined NON-COMMITMENT to a relationship (marriage), which is not a
relationship of intimacy at all. Which again brings it back to the point
that one cannot obey God and be homosexual or bisexual. Homosexual(never
having sex with the other sex) leaves one unable to fulfill the command,
Bisexual(having had at least one experience with someone of the opposite
sex, even if only for reproduction) leaves one unable to even fulfill your
requirement of intimate relationship let alone God's. And while divorces do
occur, I doubt anyone would subscribe to the idea of it being intended
solely for reproduction. Some would say, "people in the OT used surrogates".
Yes, but who would raise them. The two mothers, or the two fathers? The
Bible says honor your father and mother, not father and father, nor mother
and mother.

From the beginning

Don Perrett