Re: How to interpret Adam (was: Re: Kerkut)

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 16:22:18 EST

Can I recommend two books

In the Beginning, Henri Blocher IVP 1985

Can we believe Genesis today, Ernest Lucas IVP 2001, but may not be in the
USA

I think a YEC theology makes sense initially with a simple reading of
Genesis but the chief problem is that the arguments for an old earth from
geology are too compelling, and arguments against geology by YECs are
demonstrably false.

One historical question is ; Why did most evangelicals have no problem with
the great age of the earth from 1800 until YECs like Morris and Ham said no
a decade or two ago?

Michael