Re: HYER'S ARTICLE IN THE JASA, 1984

From: Keith Miller <kbmill@ksu.edu>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 18:22:53 EST

> Thanks for making Conrad Hyers' article on "Dinosaur Religion: On
> Interpreting and Misinterpreting the Creation Texts" available to all
> of us.  I read it avidly since Ted Davis recommended it so highly.  I
> was not disappointed.  It is the best interpretation of the first
> chapter of Genesis I have ever read.  I want to add my recommendation
> of it to everyone on this list serve.

For everyone's information, Conrad Hyers' arguments are developed at
book length in "The Meaning of Creation: Genesis and Modern Science"
(1984, John Knox Press). I believe the book is still available, but am
not sure. Conrad also wrote a new essay on the hermeneutics of Genesis
for my edited volume "Perspectives on an Evolving Creation."

Keith

Keith B. Miller
Research Assistant Professor
Dept of Geology, Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506-3201
785-532-2250
http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~kbmill/