Re: Kerkut

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 12:04:19 EST

Burgy wrote:

>When you say "Are all human beings made alive in Christ. No!" you are
>adding your own theology to the verse. Maybe, just maybe, Paul meant what
>he said.
>
>I am reading IF GRACE BE TRUE, a defense of universalism (ALL intelligent
>creatures are, ultimately, saved). Controversial? Of course; we
>Christians have too long accepted the dogma that some, perhaps most,
>maybe all but a very few, are condemned to an eternity outside the
>heavenlies. The authors challenge that thinking.

I would put this phrase in Google and see where it comes up: "wailing and
gnashing of teeth." Also, there is a wide gate and a narrow gate. Lots of
stuff about perdition in Scripture that is hard to overlook. Of course it
would be nice to think that we all meet in heaven. Popes residing
peacefully next door to Attila and Adolf and Idi. But it's not my issue.

www.genesisproclaimed.org