Re: The Academic Gap [was Re: A case for Christianity thatdoes use ID or YEC arguments]

From: <pcjones5@comcast.net>
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 19:09:55 EST

Restricting the Cosmic Dance Article:
http://www.religion-online.org/cgi-bin/relsearchd.dll/showarticle?item_id=1332

Dinosaur Religion:
http://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/1984/JASA9-84Hyers.html

Dr. Hyers' excellent book, "The Meaning of Creation"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0804201250/ref=ase_theisticevolu-2
0/102-6816977-4177744?v=glance&s=books

I once spoke with Dr. Hyers on the phone. He is a kind-hearted soul who
genuinely feels that the meaning of the Genesis text is undermined by the common
literal interpretation. During our conversation, he explained that contrary to
what his opponents claim, he is a "conservative Christianity" because of his
efforts to conserve the original meaning of the text, whereas his opponents, who
deem themselves as conservatives, are trying to conserve traditional
interpretations.

-Phil