Re: A case for Christianity that does use ID or YEC arguments

From: Loren Haarsma <lhaarsma@calvin.edu>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 16:11:39 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 douglas.hayworth@perbio.com wrote:

> I (Doug) had written:
> What I am looking for is a reference (book or article) by an author
> (theologian/scientist) who concedes -- even argues for -- evolution as an
> accurate understanding of the formative history of the cosmos and earth
> while also making the case for existence of the Creator and deity of
> Christ.

Doug,

  Maybe you've already been told about "Perspectives on an Evolving
Creation," edited by Keith Miller, published recently by Eerdmans.
Good book. It's most useful to those with at least an early college level
understanding of science and theology, but those with high-school level
in science can get good things out of it.

  Within a few months, InterVarsity Press should be publishing an
excellent book by Darrel Falk, "Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the
Worlds Between Faith and Biology." I highly recommend that one. It's
well written and accessible at the high-school science level.

Loren Haarsma