Re: Declining water and oil

From: bpayne15@juno.com
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 22:19:54 EST

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:51:17 -0600 "Glenn Morton"
    <glennmorton@entouch.net> writes:

    > There is not enough limestone in the entire ocean at any one time to
    use a
    > marine bloom to create the chalk deposits which run from Mexico, to the
    East
    > Coast, and start again in England and run across Europe and are found
    in
    > Israel, and many other places in the world.

    Limestone and chalk are both basically CaCO3. Why do you say there must
    be limestone in the ocean to create chalk? Did you mean to say "calcium"
    instead of "limestone"? If so, that's an interesting limiting factor and
    a source of Ca would need to be postulated to support the raw material to
    fuel the bloom.

    > David also got this one correct. I have argued that the vegetable mat
    > theory is false because the mats should float all over the world and
    drop
    > their coally matter forming coal beds both in the deep water and in the
    > shallow water. But, we don't find coal beds and seams in the deep
    ocean
    > basins,

    Here I must point out to you again :-( that you are ignoring empirical
    data so you can maintain your imaginary model. On your web site you rail
    against the YECs for not attempting to explain the multiple lines of
    evidence you present supporting an old earth. I agree with you that this
    data must be explained for YEC to be ultimately viable. I disagree
    though with your skirting the coal data I have presented. I really don't
    care if you engage the data, but it would be nice to hear you say that
    you can't explain the data within the OEC swamp model.

    As to your objection that the lack of deep-ocean coal negates the
    floating mat model for the origin of coal, I had said before that a
    floating mat of peat would be pulverized by wave action and finely
    disseminated over the ocean floor. And we do in fact find fine coal
    particles spread over the ocean floor. Therefore, the floating mat model
    survives your objection. Try again?

    Bill

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!