Re: Flood Paper available for criticism

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 12:42:01 EST

    In a message dated 11/17/03 12:13:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    dickfischer@earthlink.net writes:
    The Sumerian king list says, "after the flood swept thereover" kingship was
    restored at Kish Twenty-three kings ruled there until, "Kish was smitten with
    weapons; its kingship to E-Anna(k) was carried." In The Makers of
    Civilization, Waddell translated E-Anna(k) directly as "Enoch," reckoning it as the
    Sumerian equivalent for Enoch, the city built by Cain.
    I have Waddell's Egyptian Civilization It's Sumerian Origin and Real
    Chronology - I asked John V. Day, Author of Indo-European Origins, the
    Anthropological Evidence if Waddell's work was still reliable and he told me the
    chronologies in the king lists were suspect. I am also perplexed the Oxford
    companion to archeology would mention 2900 B.C. in reference to Uruk without
    mentioning a flood, although perhaps Kish was flooded and Uruk was not?

    richg faussette.