Re: Flood Paper available for criticism

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 00:09:35 EST

    Hi Rich, you wrote:

    >In a message dated 11/16/03 8:39:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    >dickfischer@earthlink.net writes:
    >May I remind you that the clay "water-laid" deposits found in the central
    >cities of southern Mesopotamia at Kish, Shuruppak, Uruk (the biblical
    >Erech), and Lagash were all dated to the same period: 2900 BC. That is
    >archaeological evidence. How do you avoid it?
    >
    >"Uruk expanded in size to 988 acres around 2900 B.C." Oxford Companion to
    >Archeology
    >
    >Just a question. Evidence for a flood?

    The Sumerian king list says, "after the flood swept thereover" kingship was
    restored at Kish Twenty-three kings ruled there until, "Kish was smitten
    with weapons; its kingship to E-Anna(k) was carried." In The Makers of
    Civilization, Waddell translated E-Anna(k) directly as "Enoch," reckoning
    it as the Sumerian equivalent for Enoch, the city built by Cain.

    It was at Enoch that Mes-kiag-gasher became high priest and king and
    reigned 324 years. His son, Enmerkar, built or continued building Uruk
    located virtually across the street. Uruk is the biblical Erech, part of
    Nimrod's kingdom (Gen. 10:10). Enoch or "E-Anna(k)" (translated "the House
    of Heaven") is the oldest preserved temple near Uruk, and was supposedly
    the dwelling place of the goddess Inanna, the Accadian "Ishtar."

    www.genesisproclaimed.org